Thursday 11 September 2008

What is Left?

I was watching a documentary last night on 9/11, I am sure there will be loads on over this period, I am sure there will be loads of blogs written. I remember so much about that day.

On this documentary last night, there was a guy, who escaped from the hotel under the twin towers, helped someone else to escape and then found out his sister and niece had been on one of the planes. He then went on to say that his faith had got stronger through what had happened.

It is interesting, that some people, when life throws all it can at you, cry out 'God , why me', or who then cannot believe in God because of what they have been through. It is why Job is in the bible, everything taken away, but still subject to God.

There are other people that when life hits a mountain, like the guy in the documentary, when everything has gone wrong, when everything has gone, when there is nothing left, cry out and say ' God, I have nothing left but you', 'You are all I have', ' God if I did not have you, I do not know what I would do.'

I desperately want to be in the second category, that when I have nothing left, I pray I can call out and say 'God, I know you are with me'

No comments: