Monday 5 November 2007

fellowship


Had a really good day yesterday, a real day of fellowship. I went to church and spoke to some people I haven't spoke to in a while, had a really good time of worship, a real sense of God's presence. I then had to speak to the church about the youth cafe I'm starting, asking for volunteers and prayer, I got a really good response and should be able to cover the Friday nights I'm going to be running this on.
After church I was asked to play football, just 6 a side on a local astro turf pitch, hence the picture. If you don't know me I'm overweight, supposedly, an ex smoker, ex very heavy drinker, now just a heavy drinker ( only joking ), and generally I don't exercise, except for the fact of having 3 kids, my job and my church things, anyway I am so unfit, and how that was highlighted yesterday, it was only a small pitch, just a muck about, I can hardly move today, I really ache, I have to start exercising somehow.
A really good time of fellowship, a real good laugh, I probably lost about a stone in sweat, God is good.

2 comments:

dave wiggins said...

after a few weeks u'll be fine. the astroturf is harder on your body than grass. that's why the pros get it so easy.

john heasley said...

After a few weeks I'll probably be dead, I am very unfit.