Friday 23 November 2007

Putting it down in black and white.

No picture today, sorry. Just wanted to put this down, throw this out there, tell a little story, of what is happening personally and with some people close to me at the moment. I feel this is being dragged out into the light right now, I need to start realising that God is doing something brilliant round here at the moment and there are some people being brought together in a real spirit driven way.

Let me explain myself more clearly, myself, my wife and several friends in our local church, have been really challenged as to how we are living our lives, there has been a couple of books doing the rounds, notably the irresistable revolution, our local church has just done a teaching series on the early church and very importantly, biblically we are finding Matthew 25: 31-46, the sheep and goats passage, the biggest challenge.

I suppose we are all asking how can we be there more for the needy, how can we live truer to His ways.

DC3 are taking this on as a church, we want to make this personal and real, as a group,( as I believe we are trying to do this as individuals anyway) so right now, we are looking at ways of throwing our lot in together, and approaching need and community, truly in non condemnational love, close to the early churches ways, being responsive to His ways as a community ourselves.

I don't exactly know what all that means right now, but I pray that God is in it, and He guides us in His ways.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

May he guide you in confidence and make straight paths for your feet. Exciting new ground. Hope you'll blog about it.