Monday 26 November 2007

Hmmm

Just to let you know, after I wrote the last post, I spoke to someone about the damage to the sign, very supportive, and everyone else has been as well, great eh?

I just read on another blog, a comment made, I believe it is a quote of Shane Claiborne's, although I could be way out. 'Jesus said it, so He must have meant it, so I'm going to live it.' Can't argue with that really, it does remind me of a Neitzsche quote I may also have out of context, and i may be reading it differently to others, but, here it is ' In truth, there was only one christian, and He died on the cross.' Jesus was the only true real deal.

Some of my other favourite quotes;

'Hate the sin, love the sinner' Gandhi
'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.' Also Gandhi
'Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, free at last.' Martin Luther King
'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Shakespeare
' Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.' Dickens
'Its so much easier to pray for a bore than to go and see one.' CS Lewis.

I could go on, I like quotes, the CS Lewis one is a new one for me, and there were some rude ones I like as well, but i won't publish them. Ho hum.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

I like 'Free at last, free at last, Thank God Almighty, free at last.' But my favourite is 'Hate the sin, love the sinner.' If only it was as easy as that to apply.