Friday 16 November 2007

Today


Starting tonight in Diss, Norfolk, the DC3 Youth Cafe, welcome.
I'm excited, and I feel really blessed and grateful, come what may, it may be slow to start, but its great to say to this town, now, we are here for your youth, its great to say to the youth, there is no reason to hang out freezing your bums off, come in we are here for you.
I have felt a real peace this week within myself, God has just had His hand on me, calming any storms. I read this week in my daily reading about the Israelites, as they were taken off into captivity, as Jerusalem lay in ruins, they sang, as it says in lamentations, 'because his compassions fail not, they are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness', that has stuck with me, whatever happens, He is faithful, and every day He is ready with more compassion and love and blessing. Thankyou God.
When I was reading that word, it reminded me of the hymn, Great is Thy Faithfulness , some great words, 'all I hath needed thy hand hath provided', 'strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow' I love it, in the words of a more secular song, 'its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life, for me, and i'm feeling good.'
I know a God who gives me peace, but also lights a fire inside me.

No comments: