Tuesday 20 November 2007

HIJACKED

I have been wanting to write this post, or something like it, for a while now, I kept forgetting, or not having the time, well here goes.

I do not like the way the world has hijacked words and ways of life which are pure and of God, and made them into something dirty, I also am upset at sayings in the world, which even christians believe, but are not of God. I am about to give examples so I may be clearly understood.

'Lover, Christ is my lover'. How the world would twist that, I am sitting here feeling very vulnerable about writing that line, and feeling the need to explain what I mean, I'm not going to, the world has corrupted, I am not playing its games. The bonds of friendship between men and boys has become something that has been tainted, I see this in youth work, lads struggling to communicate with their peers, their friends, due to barriers that have been put up by the world.

On the other side of things, there are those sayings or ways of the world, that a lot of us have followed, and believe, which just are not true. The example of this I notice the most is the belief that there is someone for everyone, that we should all be married and bring up great and strong Christian families. This is not true, its not biblically true, it is not right to lie to our children, and put that pressure on them. It is ok to be single, forever, to follow God, can even be easier sometimes, Paul did it, so have countless others throughout history.

I just want to claim words and ways back for God, I want the truth to be His truth, not the worlds truth, His ways not my ways.

In reference to the picture, I feel like sounding a horn.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this! It's soo true! I think loads of people do that aswell to single people and should really think about how they make them feel sometimes. Just recently I was at a family gathering.. and people were saying " so when are you gonna hurry up and get married?" and i bit my tongue cos it was a family do! but felt like saying "oh yes cos then i'll be a complete person won't i!!!" haha

Also....I do youthwork too....i found your blog from a comment your wife left on my page...am going on to read hers in a minute!...and tonight i was teaching the last session of a course we have written for girls to do on self esteem/sex and relationships and boys etc etc and the session was all about encouraging them that being single is great and sometimes better for you than being in....say....a wrong kind of relationship...was great. Especially to see them released from the lie that they HAVE to be in a relationship to be someone or have worth.

Just thought i'd share that! haha

john heasley said...

Thanks for the comment Rachel, Jesus came to set free, to release people from burdens, yet some try to put new burdens on us, probably without realising they are doing it.