Saturday 24 November 2007

Last night


Youth cafe last night, went well, almost doubled last weeks numbers, must be doing something right, problem is, the church sign got broke, we are now Diss Christian Comnunity hu .


For me, accidents happen and we had well over 30 young people, about 20 of those having nothing to do with the church, as a church who has had no youth outreach for a long time, to be finally getting into the lives of young people in the town, is the point for me.


I am just a little worried about some peoples reaction and my planning, I was under staffed last night, and something of the church got damaged. I just find myself getting very defensive about this venture, nobody has said anything, I am doing what I usually do, letting things fester. I have noticed other people doing this lately.


I really feel this is one of the biggest dangers in churches, small groups, organisations, friendships and any ventures. Not dealing with issues, not being honest or big enough to speak up when you can and walking away, letting things fester, boil up inside, creating divides, bitterness, anger, hate and this is when people leave churches, etc....


Jesus talks about it, before coming to the altar, if you have a problem with your brother, go and deal with it. Jesus said it has to be done, understandable why.


Of course there are ways of doing this, assertively, honestly, with compassion, but do not let things fester.


2 comments:

Kingdom Shifts said...

John,

Thanks for dropping by on my blog. I appreciate your concern for discernment, which I agree with wholeheartedly. I'll post something on that in the weeks to come. It is exciting to hear what the Lord is doing in your "sphere of influence." Continue the good work!

For the Cause,

Brian Francis Hume

Rachel said...

Interesting to read that.... I was really upset by something on Saturday to do with my team of youthworkers and friends that i work with....i decided to say something and explained how i felt.

It was all done very nicely and stuff and even though nthing major has changed (as it was more just explaining how i felt in certain circumstance) I was pleased with myself for mentioning it and knew it had been right to get it out in the open rather than continuing to let it bother me for ages.

Keeping short accounts hey?

I also once heard a really amazing guy say that unforgiveness has the same effect on us as unconfessed sin.... interesting.