Monday 20 October 2008

Ambition

I really want to make a difference, I really want to be used by God, in the biggest way He can use me, I really want God to explode through me into the world, I would love to be doing things internationally, I would love to speak more, I want to see God move in big ways and see loads of expressions of Him, I want to see mircales and lost, sad and empty people, meet with God.

There are an awful lot of I's in that last sentence. I am asking myself right now, if God just asks me to be here now and do what I am doing faithfully and steadily for the rest of my life, serving in the ways I am doing now, can I do it, am I alright with that. Even writing that sounds really condescending to those who serve in small ways that I do not, and I think that is the point. I don't know if I am going to be able to do or see all the things written above, but my desire is that I will, but I should be ready to serve in which ever way God wants me to, He will use me to the best of my ability, and that may mean that I do what I am doing now, and I continue to do it the best I can, as long as I am doing it, because to be perfectly honest, that may be because I would not really be very good at the things I would love to do in my head, my dreams are beyond what I am capable of and I do not want to be promoted to my level of incompetence, I want to be useful and ready to serve and be led in which ever area I am involved in.

I follow a God, who came and served, I want to serve wherever, and I should be grateful that I am allowed along for the ride that He has in store.

No comments: