Friday 10 October 2008

Christian bubbles

When I came back to God, through years of doing my own thing, it was away from the place I had lived most of my life, I moved to this town of Diss, and it is here that I rededicated my life to God, it is here that He filled me with His spirit and brought me to a point of no return. Really, He moved me to a place where I would be more responsive to Him, a place where I would be able to grow in Him, grow strong, learn, grow up, put down roots. This is what He continues to do and I would love it if I can stay here for ages more, who knows, that is in God's hands. Though, at some point I will have to move on, I believe I will have to get uncomfortable again in some other place. But I will be moving from a place of strength, moving with the backing of home and family, and in the meantime, there are plenty of things He wants me to do, plenty of ares to get uncomfortable, I am still learning.

Sometimes I see the church like this, in a bubble, in a place of safety and strength, not willing to step out and be uncomfortable. It is like we are in the world but not of the world, but actually the church says, we are not in the world or of the world, we cannot relate or understand, we are in our bubble, it is very nice, it is dirty outside and we would rather keep the place clean.

We have a place of strength, I want to step out and I really feel God is calling His people back onto the streets en masse, to be where He would be.

Lets burst the bubble.

No comments: