Saturday 16 January 2010

horses

I was reading psalm 32, and in verse 9 the psalmist talks about not being like a horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle. I think I am sometimes like this, I need moved and pulled or tugged in a direction, rather than going willingly, I suppose I am sometimes like a blind mule who does not even know which way I am meant to go and needs dragging. I want to learn to move willingly, the way I am meant to go and be more aware of which way I am meant to be going.

I suppose, once again it comes down to that focus word again, keeping on the right road, prayer, the word, just sometimes, resting and waiting on God, taking control of thoughts and keeping on running the race.

I was speaking a while ago and was saying that sometimes when we are running the race, we get over a hurdle and then pause for breath, instead of keeping on running, it is harder to start running again, we have to keep the pace and keep running with the momentum we have gained.

No comments: