Tuesday 26 January 2010

The Need To

I don't like having to keep coming up with titles for my blog, they can be very random, like me. I did really feel a need to blog today, not because there is anything special to report, just wanting to keep it up and keep sharing.

I do feel in a rather good place, things for the future are a bit unsure, but won't they always be? That is one of those learning curves in how to trust God. Tanya and I are really trying to spend more time with God and are feeling challenged to act on some aspects of our life, organisation, balance, maturity, that type of thing, positive challenges, more of God, capturing every thought.

Tanya was talking to me about prayer the other day and about getting others to pray and she had a really good analogy. Sometimes we treat prayer like voting on the X factor, we assume our favourite will get through, we allow others to vote, we don't act ourselves and then are upset when our favourite goes out. We have to take responsibility for our own prayer lives and not expect others to be the ones praying all the time and then be so upset when things don't happen.

This PC is very slow and getting frustrating, much like me, I am going to log off before I get any more annoyed with it, must get it sorted though, or use one at work more.

4 comments:

Philip G said...

Prayer is pointless. There is no god to hear your petty whinging.

john heasley said...

This is not the first time I have had atheists comment on my blog, i wonder how many christians stalk atheist blogs. The thing we are most accuse of, as Christians, is judging and shoving things down people throats, atheists are getting very good at it. I believe prayer works, I have seen it work, in my life. God loves you, I am sorry for any hurt that religion may have caused you. Thanks for visiting and reading.

Philip G said...

Religion hasn't really caused me any pain. I wasn't sexually abused by priests or beaten by nuns. I didn't have parents that messed my head up with ridiculous statements about imaginary magic friends.

I just like to do the 'blog ring' starting at Banana Man's site, leaving the odd comment for a bit of light relief. Not exactly stalking is it?

As for prayer working, I am only aware of one substantive test carried out in a hospital. Perhaps you point me in the direction of some measurable proof.

john heasley said...

I suppose the biggest problem with faith, is it means exactly that. Measurable proof? is only a reality in oneself, as faith is about a personal relationship, although there are many documented csses of healing and the miraculous, I suppose a lot comes down to personal cynicism or the need for proof, which then negates the need for faith.I do honestly thankyou for your visit and only hope you continue to do the rounds and keep an open mind.