Friday 8 January 2010

Keeping Up

I am intent on keeping this blog going, which is why I find myself sitting here at work at half past three in the morning, grabbing some time to write something down.

Tonight is cold, again, although not as cold as last night, where everything I seemed to touch was a battle, as it was frozen over and it is so hard to get motivated in the cold, once things are moving, it is better. I have an extra pair of gloves and a scarf for tonight. Spiritual sigificance? Be prepared and starting anything can be a struggle, but get the momentum going and it gets easier, I'm trying to get some more momentum into my bible reading at the moment, it seems a bit frozen, I need to warm things up.

Earlier on today, I was listening to a song and misheard the lyrics, which I do quite often ( I used to think the Rolling Stones song 'Start me up' was actually called 'Pistachio', very strange I know), anyway the song I was listening to was called 'closer', by Kings of Leon, the chorus is ' ..and its coming closer.' Well I heard and was singing 'calling me closer' , and it sums up for me how I feel right now, and I think it is something for everyone, God is calling us closer..........

I'm just gonna let that hang there.

No comments: