Friday 19 December 2008

Click

I had a friend round today, we were just shooting the breeze and watching chariots of fire on channel 4, then some of the things we had been talking about, what I have been reading and writing these last few days, clicked.

At one point, we talked about councillors, which I have not got a lot of time for, though I am sure there are some that do good, but we were saying how, you will only talk if you want to, if you are forced to go to one, you will probably not open up. Then we were talking about who we open up to and why them, do we listen?? Or do we constantly try to fix it?

I was also reading some bits in the bible, namely John 14: 9-14 and 1 John 3:11-24.

Generally talking in the first bit is Jesus talking about seeing the Father in Him and in the second passage showing the truth by loving in action.

It has just led me to not panic about how I am with the youth at the YC, just love them and they will hopefully see God in what is happening, that is all I can do.

See, I do take things on board, I am just a slow learner.

1 comment:

Amz said...

John, I'm glad I can help in whatever way possible. And like I said yesterday, God will show Himself through us just giving up our friday nights to serve the broken Youth in Diss.

If we just take the time out to talk to them then we will see the rewards. God will sow the seeds for us to reep.

Ohh and its 'counsellors' - you used the wrong spelling =)