Wednesday 10 December 2008

Together

I was saying yesterday about being at home alone and really I suppose struggling with it. Last night a friend came round, he felt a bit lost at the moment, we watched some football, had a couple of beers and sounded off at each other, shared, dreamt, ate and were ourselves, it was good. Fellowship is good, being with people, being yourself with people, relaxing, sharing your life with people, the good and the bad, I really believe it is so important.

What we can do when we reach out and open up to others is amazing, it can be joyful, it can hurt, it can be tiresome, it can be fulfilling, it is where we are meant to be, in relationship with others, being vulnerable and open and honest.

Jesus spent so much time with people, talking with them, teaching them, eating and drinking with them, all sorts of people, young to old, rich to poor, the smelly and the clean.

The biggest problem I find, is the reaching out. I am quite insecure and shy, although you probably would not think it if you met me, to reach out, makes me feel vulnerable, it is hard for me to do, but I find when I battle against my natural urge to not bother and actually reach out to someone and allow my life to be interupted by someone elses, I like it, it feels good, it feels more natural than the not bothering. I am still learning, still trying, I want to reach out more.

No comments: