Monday 1 December 2008

Contentment

I was randomly reading the bible last night, I found a group of psalms which were for pilgrims going up to Jerusalem, the reason I started reading them to be honest, was that they are short. I really liked psalm 131, which is a psalm of contentment, here it is;

1 LORD, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.
2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever

In general, don't worry about the stuff that does not concern me, rest in God, hope in Him.

This week we were very skint, again.

This weekend we have had some envelopes through our door, we have had some gifts from others too. We have not advertised our skintness, I don't think we have, but God has provided, amazingly and abundantly. Don't worry, rest in Him.

No comments: