Thursday 10 May 2007

hitchiker


Missed my turning the other night on my way home from work, not just any turning, it was the A12, I had to use the M11, for anyone who does not know, a longer way home for me.

So I phoned Tanya, shouting me mouth off aout stupid lorry drivers, stressing out about my long, boring drive. I was fuming.

What happened next.............

1. A car pulls right in front of me, I have to break and I'm straight on the horn, but then the driver raises his hand in apology, that simple action, calms me.

someone asking for forgiveness, puts things in perspective, on goes Delirious, Jesus on my mind and I know my drive is going to be cool and God is in it. I phone Tanya and tell her exactly that.


2. Then I pull off a roundabout and there is my hitchhiker, I stop, didn't have time to think, just do. What a cool lesson . I mean this guy was a weirdo, obviously lying to me, with some very strange stories, but that is not the point. I didn't preach, or pray out loud for him, or have a tract for him, I was just able by Gods will to give this guy a hand. I love it


Thanks God, when I think I'm going the wrong way, I'm in your hands and you will use, guide and bless me as only you know how.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

Did your hitchhiker look like the man in the photo? because (and I am being a bit judgemntal here, sorry) the man in the photo looks a bit creepy. I would have made him walk, (not really!)