Thursday 17 May 2007

poem

I am born, beautiful, ignorant, naive
the first thing I am filled with is greed
because what I learn is I want
A cycle that is going to be hard to stop

When I'm through with the games and bikes
I'll eat only what I want, not what I dislike
And if my way I do not get
Then love is what I'll question from them

As I grow maybe I'll learn to give
Only to gain the relationships to live
After all, what is a friend to me
Just another toy, just another thing

And sex will on the horizon rise,
and I must have it or I might die
I need it so much, with so many,
to gain the love that i'm deserving

And into life, all grown up I will walk
Still a child but I talk the talk
But what is inside now begins to ask
As you look around, how small you are

And if I'm lucky, I'll get a good start
Just the job and a devoted tart
how about some kids, and a bit on the side
no respect, no one elses pain really matters

What about the pain and the fights
Cover it up with booze, drugs and late nights,
Still looking for the answer of you don't know what
Still not getting it, are you

Well you can get some more money,put career first
A new house, a bigger one, a holiday one to quench the thirst
What is missing, what comes next
Is there not more to this life I have

Maybe there is something new to get or buy
something I can touch, some new lie
a new relationship to abuse, I must have it
Who am I,what is the meaning, where am I from

The spirits just tell me, its all ok
I've heard that before anyway
maybe that is the test I have to watch for
Easy is not right, I know that now

Then from the east just be nice to all,
What goes around comes around is that the rule
Doesn't work, its not true, I break things by accident
I don't want to be a frog next time I'm here

I can get lost in the rituals of others,
But where is the love from my brothers
It doesn't fill the hole, Habits and rules
They just don't want me to ask the question, is this real

New age, old age, rivers and trees,
new life, old life, none is easy
Where is the answer, where is my life
Why can't I have it, like everything else

Who is this God, who has been there all along
From my childhood, just stories and songs
What does he want, what does he care
What do I get, is this the answer to all

He knows my life, knows what I have done
Knows my hiding, my selfishness, all my wrong
And what He offers is not an easy road,
Is this what fills, My heart cries out,

Yet He loves me, he has shown it to
Came and died, so I would not be through
And he wants to give my life a reason
And share that love with all the world

I now know life, I have a reason
I have been given life from His Son
Now I love, respect, give and build,
Where before I wasted and used

I no longer ask myself what now
To fill a hole, I now know how,
I have given my life, my will to him,
I have been forgiven, I will win

What is the answer, I don't find in things
He is my answer , my everything
The people I have used, I am sorry
The life I now lead, I pray please use me.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

Sob, sob!
Sometimes John you are so intense.