Monday 14 May 2007

sex

I tried looking for a picture to start off this post, couldn't find the right image to convey what I wanted.
Sex is not a dirty word, always remember my Dad saying that in a sermon, when I was little, and it is true. Sex is not dirty, it is wonderful, beautiful, enjoyable and loads of other cool adjectives, I love it, but should probably calm down now, and also point out that I mean all of that within the confines of marriage.
This all fits into what I have been saying over my last couple of posts, about the world and freedom. Sex is beautiful, look what it has been turned into, a replacement for love, instead of an act of love, a weapon, an abuse, a disease, an unwanted life, self gratification, power, control, emotionless.
I say this from a point of knowledge, I have abused sex in most of the above ways, I have been corrupted by the world view on sex. I know the way I look or think of women, I know where my mind goes with sex, if I allow it. I have seen or done most things in that way and I have had to work at not letting my mind or body go back there and letting Jesus into every part of my life. I still struggle, alot, I think this is mainly because of the ingrained world view in me.

So that I'm not babbling I will give you an example of that view, a couple of years ago, I had a female friend who was a virgin, she was not a christian, I was not a christian, I and everybody I knew at the time thought it was the weirdest thing for someone of 26-27, being a virgin, there must be something wrong with her. Why should someone waiting till marriage or love to come along to have sex be weird .

I think of my friends who had these views, hardly any of them is in any kind of successful relationship, sex being the priority for them, but also the distraction.

When have you slept with enough people, when have you gained enough experience. who says you get to try before you buy, in case you don't like that model, why is someones sexual prowess the most important thing we need to know about someone, when you are expecting to have your life with them until you die, is sex important in your 90's.

Why do we tell our kids to use protection, we need to tell them to wait, that is the best protection, at the moment disease is rife, teen pregnancy, abortions, morning after pills, relationship breakdowns. No one is learning.

Sex is beautiful, don't destroy its beauty by abusing it.

2 comments:

The Wee Italian Chick said...

Good to hear the message again! I am not a parent, but I work with teen agers (most of their sibbillings under 18 already have kids of their own), people from the gay-community and a bunch of 30 something committment-repellent mates...telling them what sex should really be like, it's often hard work - but Truth is what we need.

Tanya Heasley said...

Just so you know John, if we make it to our 90's we are so Not having sex anymore. (too much skin and all that, yuk!)