Thursday 3 May 2007

community part 1


I am amazed at what brings people together, the longing of belonging.
I watched the football tuesday night, I am a red, I loved it, and as I watched the fans singing, I began to think, dangerous really, but I watched these people, focusing, concentrating, praying even, desperately holding on, to an idea, a dream, thier dream, their team, some crying in desperation, some not able to watch, singing their hearts out, you'll never walk alone.
What would happen if you could transport that, maybe just a part of that, to a christian community. The desperate longing, the intense focus, the togetherness, the passion.
If people can react this way to football, what about Sunday morning, what about any morning, what about every day. Do we have a desperate, focused longing, daily. I'm not after any guilt, I just want to put things in perspective. I love LFC, my heart was in my mouth and I had that feeling in my belly all through the game. I love JESUS....................

No comments: