Wednesday 16 May 2007

mission or mission

I'm going to visit my brother Brian on Saturday, I'm really excited. It'll be good to see him and Tracy and Ellis and Daniel, i'm really excited about seeing what they do. He put an interesting post on the other day talking about the harsh realities of the work they all do on the island of Ibiza, dealing with in your face sex, drugs and alcohol abuse, I think it is so cool what they are doing, its where Jesus would be. Then this is the challenge for me, am I where Jesus would be.

Now I am making a very serious point here for a reason, not a judgement on anyone else, this is my blog, my thoughts and my questions I am asking myself, and the things that are on my and my family's mind.

I am drawn, seriously challenged and drawn to be really out there for Jesus, to throw the towel in with the normal world I am involved in, and throw myself out there for Jesus, both me and Tanya have studied missionary sites, prayed and talked, and I really believe we are called to be out there, with a very real turn on things that we have been blessed with, by spending so many years lost, we have come into contact with so much of our so called culture, experience I know God does not plan on wasting, we have already been told that He will be repaying our locust years, and we our both being used in such great ways by God already I feel really blessed, and really know that God is working in me, my wife and family, and the future holds some sort of mission work and all sorts of great things for him.

This I think is the future though, but God has his plans, his timing, so I'll go with him, the point is my mission work now.

I talk of mission, and being where Jesus would be and being out there, but I only have to look around me, are all my friends christians, most of the non christian ones, drink too much, take drugs and there view of women and relationships, see yesterdays post. No one in my place of work knows Jesus, the most used word starts with F, I have calenders and papers to remind me what womens tits look like, the general consensus is pro white, string em up, and whatever else the sun tells them. I think Jesus would want to be here too. What about all the other people I come into contact with, driving, in shops, in life, we are all missionaries, if I can't make a difference where I am, how can me jumping about somewhere else be real, how can I be out there, when I'm no different in here, the real mission has to start inside, spread to those closest, and then to the rest of the world, as it says in Acts 1:8 ' witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the Earth'. It has to start close and reach out. Reach in to peoples lives, be interested, want to know. Be real, be where Jesus would be.

No comments: