Wednesday 30 May 2007

Rant


I'm getting a bit annoyed with everything in society right now, which is ok, I'll tell you why its ok later, but for now I want to rant.
No smoking laws, idiotic. Either ban smoking or don't, all these laws do is move the problem, into homes, into families, the guy who use to let off steam at the pub with a fag and a pint, will only let off steam on the wife and kids now. Do gooders, doing bad, reminds me of a story of an area in pakistan, where a christian organisation went into and got child labour banned. Great, then families started to starve, because they could not afford to survive. As a christian I want to help with real answers in a real world, good intentions and moving problems, doesn't really help.
House buying, I have a huge mortgage, why? Seriously, why have we all in Britain been conned into believing we need to own our own house. So we don't have a mortgage in our old age, so we can sell it and make loads of money to help in the world, so we can leave something for our children?
Well, this is me personally, I might not make old age, even if I do any care costs in the future will probably mean, if I have a house selling it. My children, if they are not sorted by the time I die, and are relying on my death, I'm gonna be pretty worried anyway. Selling my house in the future to help others, when if I didn't have a huge mortgage I could help more now, instead of planning to.
There is more, honest, the goverment is destroying the country, the people are so lethargic, all they will ever do is winge. Sad.
Why a picture of a lightswitch, I just remember a line from, Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis , about why do we complain that the world is dark, thats obvious, the dark is dark, where is the light? That is the question, and the answer, the world is dark, but if you know Jesus, you have your own lightswitch, turn it on. Don't be a ranter, be a light.

1 comment:

Brian said...

John can you tell tanya the house number is 217 not 216!!! good post not sure about the shaky argument around child labour! But do be believe in well thought through development pland when addressing these areas of injustice. Peace