Thursday 17 May 2007

thinking


Something I probably do far too much of, can you over think? I think alot of Christians get stuck in overthought. Am I one of them by being a blogger?
I read Galatians yesterday, it was cool, its a real good preach by Paul, and I thought about it as I read it, contemplated different verses, noting bits on freedom in Christ and the law, and being diverted from the truth, I prayed and went back to verses, I did and didn't get. I enjoyed it. Other times I may be deeply challenged or confused by what I read, I might not get it, or I might not get it right then, its ok.
I don't have all the answers, I never will have all the answers, I know who has, so it is ok. It is great to study the bible, it is important to study the bible, same as prayer, I think it is a real must. Speaking to God and God speaking to you, that is relationship, and I am seeing people who think they don't need one or the other get themselves very confused and even falling away because they lack that relationship, that guidance.
Then what am I saying, well as I browse peoples blogs I notice people, who are wrapped up in the relationship and forgetting to live, but more importantly being there with the scripture or a word to judge others. So caught up in Christianity they forget about Christ, so caught up in the church, they have forgot the lost, so caught up in a schedule they have forgotten what the schedule is for. I know of people who have studied the Word of God and then fallen away, why?
Its just a thought, but are they searching in that word for a truth which as it says in Galatians, lives in us.
Gods word is a must, prayer is a must, living our lives for Him is a must.
This is loads of things on my mind, condensed, I'll have to see if I can put something more erudite together. It really is a blog

No comments: