Tuesday 27 January 2009

Battle


Any military leader or anybody who knows anything about war, nowadays, knows that if you rule the skies, you will win the battle. I believe it is the same in the lives of a Christian.
As a Christian, there is an enemy, there can be no doubt about it, an enemy who does not like it when we stick our heads above the parapet, actually an enemy who does not like it when we pick sides. When we do pick sides, a declaration of war is made against us.
Now, I can go out and do good works, as I have said before, the things I do have to be rooted in God, and if He is not at the centre of things, then I am a like the clanging cymbal the bible talks about, a big look at me, instead of serving out of love and reflecting God.
If I was just doing good, I don't think the enemy would be too bothered, but if what I do, has God behind it all, then the devil is bothered.
This is why everything that is done in the name of God has to be soaked in prayer, has to be given to God, He has to be called out to. The air battle has to be won before the ground assault is started. The spiritual battle engaged before the physical battle is taken up.
This post has been inspired by a devotional given at street pastors training the other day, what made it even more relevant, was that I was out that night, as a street pastor and some of the instances occuring, seemed more spiritual than physical. It was a very strange night. Don't be fooled into thinking that there is not a spiritual battle going on, just remember you have picked the winning side.

No comments: