Thursday 29 January 2009

Spiritually Dismissive



I can be spiritually dismissive, it is easy to talk about and do the practical things in my life following Jesus, actually a lot of the time they can be hard, but they are certainly easier to talk about, I have also said before that I find I am very comfortable in prayer, in fact I am ok with worship and prayer and God being spiritual but I can be a bit dismissive if talk turns to being under attack by the enemy or spiritual battles or many other supernatural phenomena. I even found it quite hard to write the post the other day about spiritual battles.

The fact is, if I am who I say I am, and I follow who I say I follow, then the spiritual has to be at the forefront. Personally I have started to think that I am a bit proud when it comes to certain spiritual areas of my life, and I am right now searching through myself and asking questions of myself, allowing God to continue His work in me and leaving no stone unturned, no dark shadows in me, attempting to be truly free. I feel part of this is facing up to the many spiritual ways God works and Satan works.

I am reading a book called Freedom in Christ, a book I have slagged off rotten in the past, for having lists, for talking about stuff that, in my mind, I don't think could hurt anyone, for getting people to look at their life and bring up stuff from the past, which could be hurtful and cause more damage than good.

This week I have been really trying to pull close to God more and more and I thought it would cause no harm and would challenge my pride to have a look at this book. I do feel now that it allows you to bring things to Christ and leave them their, things that I am still carrying around, I think it has drawn attention to things in my life which are obviously damaging and things in the past that I can put to rest. It has challenged me to forgive in every area of my life, including myself. I have sometimes found it really hard to get through and I have continued to be dismissive in my mind. But I now ask what is the problem with having a spiiritual MOT and leaving anything I may be carrying around at Jesus' feet? I suppose I am just getting it a bit more , as I have said here before, I am continuing to learn.

I had a dream last night that I was walking about in my boxer shorts, Tanya reckoned it is because I am more transparent.

No comments: