Tuesday 20 January 2009

Morgan


These are my three current children, from left to right, Mason, Turaya and Morgan. Today it is Morgan's birthday. Now I wouldn't normally just write a post on one of my childs' birthdays, but today he is 13. It is a biggy.
Now I have worried about him, been angry with him, cried with and for him, I have seen him desperately unhappy in school situations and I have seen through him how institutes can easily corrupt and yet be trusted by so many. He has done loads wrong, he can be childish and inappropriate and I could probably name loads of his down sides, just as I suppose we can and do about others.
What I become more aware with Morgan, is that he is going to be ok, for all of my efforts to screw him up, he is turning out fine, he has accepted Jesus into his life, he has a great sense of humour, he will grow up in his own time, he loves and cares, he is different and he is loved, he has plans and dreams and friends and hobbies and interests. I am proud of him. I was not a great kid and I know others that were a lot worse, but they are fine and running in their lives now, I am sure Morgan, who is generally a good kid, will grow in self esteem and break through any other issues he has and run.
Happy birthday Morgan.

No comments: