Thursday 22 January 2009

Reminder to Self

Every now and then I get caught up in thinking quite selfishly and can quite easily justify it in my own head, even more dangerous is I start to justify myself through God, in other words I think things like 'God would want me to do, say or act like that' or ' Well it does say in bible...'

I don't always pause to look at the bigger picture, it is not actually always a selfish thing, it can actually just be a fuelled thing, in other words, I might mention a problem I have, someone else might say it is because of, I jump on the bandwagon and before you know it, I am big and justified and everything is someone elses thought.

I know I seem to be talking in riddles, but I suppose I am trying to say, it is easy to slag others off, it is easy to get distracted, it is easy to jump on bandwagons and it is so easy to justify it all biblically or through what God would have you or I do, but to be perfectly honest that is all a load of tosh.

The questions I need to ask myself are:

Am I acting selfishly, am I acting after what I want, to justify myself?

Do I know the whole picture?

Is anyone around me fueling a fire that does not exist?

Am I using the word of God or His ways wrongly?

This is a post I hope I return to and remind myself, I am not the big I AM, He is.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

Assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.

People only fuel your fire if there's already a fire burning. You already started the fire!