Monday 12 January 2009

Big news

Right, first thing, Tanya is pregnant again, not our best timing, house! Job! Money! But God will provide and children are a blessing and His timing is better than ours, so we are going to put everything in His very large hands and run with the optimism and sense of excitement we have for this year, how cool.

Secondly, there has been a young guy who was coming to our youth cafe and started coming along to church on a Sunday. Yesterday he gave his life to Jesus. I believe I have said it here before, all we have done is be there for him, loved him, accepted him, we never judged or condemned him, we didn't preach at him or rammed anything down his throat. It has been great to see. Just being there for him, yet watching God working on him, the questions, the change in him, it has been really cool to watch. Of course he is just starting on a journey, but a journey where his destination is guaranteed.

This is something he said yesterday, not verbatim, but the gist, bearing in mind, he has had an horrendous time of things in his life;

'Now I have a new father, one who does not want to judge me, is never going to leave me, who isn't going to hit me.'

A time of good news and celebration methinks.

2 comments:

Globegirl said...

That's so exciting! Both bits of news!!

Just wanted to add that as someone who was very much unexpected and unplanned (I was conceived 2 months after my sister's birth and about two weeks before the vasectomy my dad scheduled at my sister's birth. My mom was starting to really suffer with schizophrenia and my parents were trying to keep their marriage and three kids together, which didn't happen in the end) I have to say that God knew exactly when to bring this little one along, and He has a beautiful plan and purpose for all of you in this.

He has everything all of you need to thrive in life, even if that thriving is on a tight budget. :o) I'm thrilled for you guys!

john heasley said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement Sheena, I am sure things are going to be great.