Thursday 15 January 2009

Sleeping, Waking and Listening

Sleep is an issue for me at the moment, I am going to bed quite early and then struggling to get up in the morning, probably partly to do with it being being cold and dark, partly I suppose because I am not going to work, partly because of my daughter and partly because of my wife.

I will start with Tanya, she is pregnant, as soon as she becomes pregnant, she becomes a lighter sleeper, I snore, loudly, I now get kicked in the middle of the night, I have another 7 months of that and then baby geeting up to do again. I feel for Tanya, she has always struggled with sleep during pregnancy, and face it, being kicked or nudged during the night is no big deal compared with carrying and growing a baby.

The cold, dark, work thing is down to discipline, it is easier to stay in bed, it takes effort to get up. I do not need the amount of sleep I am getting, the body is responding to my inaction. I need to start getting physically fitter as well as spiritually fitter.

Now Turaya, she still wakes in the night, I mean she will just have a whinge for a couple of seconds and then she is back to sleep, by that time though, I have jumped up and am in her room. If I didn't get up it would make no difference, but I hear her and up I jump, it is like I am tuned in to hear her whatever noise she makes and I don't want to miss anything, I must just stay laying down and go back to sleep.

The thing is, I want to be the way I am with Turaya, with God, I want to hear him clearly, I don't want to miss what He has to say, if He chooses to talk to me in the night, I want to jump up and be ready to respond. I just want to be ready to jump up and respond wherever I am. I want to be tuned in to God.

No comments: