Monday 7 July 2008

Baptism

My eldest son Morgan was baptised yesterday, it was a brilliant day, me and Tanya baptised him, very good. I realised during yesterday that Morgan ( my son) has a personal relationship with God. It isn't just me brainwashing or putting pressure on him. I always worry about him, whether he really gets it or not, I'm just desperate for him to choose the right way. That is the point though, he has to choose, and yesterday I realised that for all my worry and badgering that he is his own person, he isn't stupid and he has chosen to have a relationship with God, I didn't choose for him, or make him, he decided.

Yesterday I also had the privilege of baptising 2 others, which was brilliant and one of the young men had a barbeque afterwards at his parents, where I had a brilliant laugh with all the young people and generally felt that everyone is doing all right. But I have lots of plans to keep them on their toes.

I have always had a problem, that after great days like yesterday, I feel down. Some kind of spiritual hangover. I thought and prayed about this last night. This morning I felt great, but about halfway through the day, I started to feel down, I realise though that I have been busy, so I am just feeling a bit tired and it is good to rest, so that is what I am doing.

No comments: