Thursday 17 July 2008

Roots



I have been in a position over the last couple of months of uncertainty, not knowing what I am meant to be doing or where I am meant to be going. Tanya and I have been having multiple plans on what to do if this happens or that happens, we want to follow God, and we have been unsure if that has meant we would be leaving where we are now or staying.

That uncertainty has probably effected our family, church and ministry. I really feel now, that we are to put down roots. I have spoken lately to some people on this, and had some really encouraging words, especially from my brother Brian, who said I should picture being old wherever I am living, and live that way too. I really feel I need to commit to my home, my community and my church and strive to stay here, until God clearly tells me to move on.

This is a place I want to have roots. As my wife has said to me, this is the place she was born again, so this is her new birthplace, her home. Roots help us grow, I want to grow. I am placing my roots here and I believe this will always be a home to me.

I also feel by declaring this, I am taking a huge step forward. In a way by staying, I am submitting, I am waiting until God tells me otherwise.

No comments: