Monday 14 July 2008

Commitment

'Simply let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no', 'no'. I have titled this post commitment, but it could have easily been consistency or balance.

I want my yes to be yes and my no, no in every part of my life. I want to commit to the things in my life that puts God first and are good for me and my family. This morning Tanya and I got up early together to spend time with God, we will be doing this more from now on, we have committed to it, come what may. It is important, not just the spending time with God, but making a commitment, being consistent. It is also like our finances. We are very good at budgeting when we have next to nothing, give us some money and we soon forget that, right now we are trying to make sure we are consistent with our money, come what may.

balance, routine, consistency, commitment, they all protect, they all help, they are all important.

A simple post, with a simple theme, that it has taken me years to grasp, and I will probably continue to struggle in this area, but right now, my yes is yes.

No comments: