Thursday 24 July 2008

Leadership

Leadership is hard, leadership in a church, I think is harder. I can make some very rash statements about people, sometimes I do not wait for the whole story or try to take a step back and see the whole picture. Fortunately, most of the time I make these comments, the only person who hears them is Tanya or close friends, if you are a church leader, you have no such luxury.

I have recently spent some time with some different people, helping them, also lately I have spent some time with people helping me. It can be tiring, also in some conversations it can feel like a battle, and very often is. I am also quite heavily involved in the youth, trying to organise and put stuff together for them, attending and running different things. I also have friends and other committments, I am quite busy really, for someone who is unemployed. Anyway, I suppose if I try multiplying what I do by 10, I may start to get an idea of what goes on in the head of the church leadership of a big church, how many people are they responsible for, and not in some business sense, as family. Hard work. This is not a suck up, because I doubt if my leaders read this, just something in my head, that leadership is full of hard work, responsibility and often little thanks. There is more to this line of thought I want to explore, to do with where the church is heading, and where I am feeling in that, how I am looking at things.

No comments: