Wednesday 2 July 2008

REAL

I have started meeting with some of the guys at church, who are moving from 'youth' to.....whatever comes after youth. We just decided to start meeting informally, due to the fact there were loads of real issues they were having to deal with and nowhere to really talk about them, I have also taken it as an oppurtunity to start challenging and setting some chalenges.

The church is going to start a whole program for this in September, of challenging and discipleship, I am just a bit impatient and I am aware if you say to young people, we will be doing this in a couple of months time, it will seem like an age away.

Last night we had some really great chats, based on very real issues going on in these guys lives, I really got a sense of that is where it is at, asking really hard questions and not always having the answers but talking them through anyway. Next week we are going to eat together as well. Isn't this true church?????

They liked my mission impossible idea and they have a challenge for the week.

No comments: