Tuesday 8 July 2008

what? now!!!

I hope the link works that I have put in for this post, it is just something my brother is saying on using what is in your hands. I have been really feeling this alot lately. Use what I have.

I have stepped out in faith, in the worlds view, I have very little, I am failing. I don't feel like a failure, it is hard sometimes, but I am feeling incredibly blessed at the moment and I don't know where it is all leading. That is the point, waiting for something to happen, you can sometimes miss the point, like the dream I told you about the other day. There is need here and now, I have a luxury of time, I have to use it.

I sometimes feel there are others waiting to be asked to do something, rather than doing it. I recently heard about a guy who had moved into our area and has started coming to our church. In the village he lives in, he has been handing out prayer requests, not waiting to be asked, or settling into the church, he had to react to those around him directly, because he can. A small example, I know and there are plenty of bigger ones, people just going out there and doing, not waiting, acting on what they have, now.

If God asked, or made it possible for you or me to go and do some great work in some far off place, would we act differently, out doing this great work, would we suddenly become mega christians, uber spiritual, in touch with God. What is wrong with here and now!

It didn't work, go to 24-7 prayer and look for the article by Brian Heasley.

No comments: