Tuesday 1 July 2008

Mission

I have been helping one of my brothers today, he has responded to someones need and asked me to help, I'm not a very practical person, so generally I have just done as I was told, which suits me fine, I'm glad to help, even though when I cycled back to where we were after lunch, I got a puncture and had to push the stupid bike there and home again, I feel I have had some exercise, which is also something I need to get more of.

Tanya has gone to drop our oldest off at her mothers, so I had to cycle on my youngest son's bmx to the supermarket. It hurt.

Back to what I wanted to say, which is just following on from yesterday, I am just asking how to challenge, how to make mission the daily way of life it should be.

I had an idea to hand out specific envelopes to young people once a week, inside are the immortal lines, 'your mission, if you choose to accept it' and then challenge them to do something within that week, that gets them out of the box, makes them uncomfortable. This is certainly a work in progress and I also have to think how to challenge me, what is my mission, do I choose to accept it?

No comments: