Friday 20 June 2008

ALL TALK

I have been concerned that my last 2 posts have been a bit negative and judgemental, something I have been working through at the moment is getting people to do.

In the middle classes, communism and other forms of government, there is a mentality of doing, or else, there is a direct line, this is where we are going, get moving now. I want to get people moving, I want them to get off their backsides , I want people to start living what they are saying. I am becoming more aware that it is not my place to bully and badger and there should not be a guilt trip involved. At the same time I am becoming aware that keeping your mouth shut is not healthy either.

How do you find a balance? The biggest thing I have to learn is to not worry what others are doing, the important thing is what I do. This is also the most important way to get a point across, by showing, by doing, myself.

I also have to be honest about what I am doing, share, not sell, explain, not tell, and then let it go, once I have shared something, I have to let it go, don't dwell. ( I am sure there is a poem in there somewhere, probably ending in hell, I'll work on it)

I was reading Philip Yanceys book yesterday ' Reaching for the Invisible God' This what he says;

' Coercion has never succeeded very well in remaking people, which is why few doctrinaire marxists and fewer still doctrinaire nazis remain in the world. Even utopians have had to agree that human change occurs best from the inside out.'

Only God can truly change people, I can just try to be what He wants me to be and allow Him to change me from the inside out.

As for sharing and explaining, I believe a time is coming when God wants me to start to speak more, more loudly, more often. I think He is making sure I will do it the right way, His way.

No comments: