Wednesday 4 June 2008

Birthing pains

I had to be a bit careful about what picture I used today, you get the idea. Giving birth is hard, it is painful, I am glad I am not a woman, actually I am not glad I'm not a woman, I'm just trying to say that it looks very difficult to carry a child and give birth, and I am not saying I want to be a woman, just that I'm not against it, as I think women are cool and the whole life giving thing is pretty amazing, I'm glad I got that clear and have completely gone off my original subject.

So giving birth is hard, growing something and giving it freedom are difficult things to do, it is painful, but it is also really happy, I have been there, cut the cord and all that, I was really worried for Tanya at times, I was scared, but we have 3 wonderful children, for Tanya there were prices to pay, for 9 months, with each child, she had to watch what she ate, she couldn't drink, she couldn't move as well, she will tell you, her body has paid a price, the labours were exhausting, ( except for Mason, who only took an hour, probably exhausting too) but look what she got out of it, look what I got out of it, look what the whole of our family and friends got out of it, blessed. I could go on to talk of the worry and stress of parenthood, but I won't, I'm talking now about the joy of birth.
I remember when my oldest Morgan was born, my father in law dropped me off at about 4am near my house, I strolled off home, walking down the middle of the road, hoping someone would stop and ask me what I was doing, so I could tell them, 'I have a son', I felt on top of the world, brimming over.

Sometimes I don't like to think of the painful things I have to go through to grow, but I think it is necessary, discipline, honesty, submission, can be dirty words. They are birthing pains, they are growing pains, they are needed for growth, because through them, I am set free, overflowing, ready to walk down the middle of the road somewhere and tell the world why I feel so alive.

Going on from my last line, I have changed the video on my video bar to some P.O.D. , a bit heavy, great lyrics, great chorus, listen away

No comments: