Thursday 5 June 2008

Wedding



I will be going away tomorrow, to a wedding. The wedding of my mother in law, which is a strange position to be in, the son of the bride ( my brother in law) is doing the father of the bride bit, including the speech. Anyway I'll be away, so no blogging probably till next week. Hope you appreciate the picture, just me trying to be funny.

As for today, I have a hundred thoughts going round in my head, a hundred ideas, loads that I want to do. It is a bit of a problem I have right now, where next, what next? I have to get a bit focused and organised, and I think that starts at home, with my family.

A couple of weeks ago, I organised a 24hr prayer event for the youth at church, and I am thinking what next for them, but first I have to make sure my own children are moving forward, excited and getting hold of the fleshy parts of what God is about, to this end, Tanya and I have decided to turn our spare room into a prayer room. A room in the house, where any of us can go and just dwell on and with God. Not that you can't do that anywhere, just a case of focus and expression for us as a family, and in the future, friends as well.

It is hard in todays society to find space on your own, or without a telly, I do a lot of praying on the toilet and a lot of reading. There are no distractions ? It is so easy to get distracted, I find it hard putting the right things first, for instance this prayer room at home, I have been talking about it all week, I am here writing about it, I'm not doing it. I will be, just an example. It takes effort not to get distracted.

No comments: