Friday 13 June 2008

Back from the wedding

Yes, I am back. I had a good, yet challenging time at my mother in laws and now I am home. I just don't know where home is going to be soon, but that is a different story.

The wedding went well, except for atrocious weather, some misbehaving, bored kids and a terrible dj. The day was very long, but my mother in law and my new father in law looked incredibly happy and enjoyed their day thoroughly. I had some great chats with some people I met, wonderfully challenging conversations, I love it when people are honest, great talks about faith and the lack of it and how the way we act can affect the view people have of you and your faith. Really positive stuff, I didn't agree with people alot of the time, I didn't judge either, a difficult balance.

At the beginning of this week, I took the newlyweds to the airport for their honeymoon and helped with my mother in laws business, by going cleaning, I enjoyed it and it gave me a much needed down to earthly kick. Humility is important.

My wife this week has been helping a young couple with their relationship, very patiently, positively and assertively. A lot more patience than me, I was angry and wanted to have a moan off at them, to sort themselves out, not what was needed and my anger rarely helps in these situations. I think tanya and I, provide a nice balance.

This week as well, we have felt the need to push on in certain areas of our life. If you read my brother Brians blog, he has mentioned that crunch points are coming for some who are stepping out a bit right now, I feel this for myself and family, crunch time is coming, how exciting.

No comments: