Thursday 26 June 2008

honesty 2

I have been really busy today, all good, well almost. but there we go. Carrying on from yesterday, as I was thinking about my own honesty and how I express that everywhere, I was more aware of expressing my true feelings about my own personal situation and this led me to think of other peoples situations.

As different people have different faces they use for different areas of their lives, there is also the issue of those we are supposedly close to, carrying around huge burdens, that they never talk about, or they don't seem bothered about, because they have that face on everytime we see them, that says they are coping.

There is also the case that sometimes we ask someone if they are ok, they say yes and we leave at that, even though it is probably obvious that they are not.

How honest are we about our own needs? Will we ask for help? Do we not like to draw attention to ourselves? Is it a case that nobody loves a martyr? Are we in denial? Are we expecting God to help, when God wants His people to act and we are not letting His people know there is a problem?

On the other side of things, do we respond to need? Are we looking for it? Are we walking about with our eyes closed, because we don't really want to get involved? Are we scared of getting involved? Are we scared, we will not know how to help, or we will be out of our depth? Are we disobeying God, when He is asking us to help, but we don't want to?

I want to be more aware of others needs and try and respond, however little, I have to try. I also have to be more honest about my own situation, without acting like a martyr.

No comments: