Wednesday 25 June 2008

Honesty

Tanya, my wife said to me the other day, I should be as passionate at home as I am when I am out and about. She did not mean in a husband and wife way ( I hope) but she did mean about how excited and animated I get when I get the chance to speak about God and what is going on in our lives and then I come home and I don't seem to pass that passion on to my wife and kids. Surely I should be as excited about my life at home, as when I am when I am praising God in a church, or speaking to someone in the street, or doing some dirty job for a stranger. I think I sometimes get caught up in the mundane, or the things that get me down, I think about in the quiet times at home, or when I get up in the morning I am so moody, and that is what the people closest to me see. I don't think it is very healthy and certainly does not pass on to my children what I am doing and why.

Well on Monday, I got this in my head, I got all excited about being at home, and was rushing around getting things done, being lively and passionate. I needed to pop to the shops, so I got the baby, jumped in the car and duly reversed into the lovely Alfa Romeo parked opposite my house, damaging it quite badly, although my car is ok. I talked to the neighbours and found whose car it is, he was brilliant and we exchanged insurance details. All of a sudden though, it is hard to stay up and happy at home, what a test. I was sad for a while, for being so stupid, but I have regained my composure and drive. I am glad to report, the finishing of the Heasley prayer room located in 'spare oom' of the Heasley household. Pictures to follow. I have to stay focused and passionate, its how God made me and what He wants me to be, everywhere.

I have more to say on this, which I will continue tomorrow.

No comments: