Monday 16 June 2008

Prejudice


I am trying to be more honest, so I thought I would talk about my prejudice. It is the middle classes.
The middle classes always come across as if they know what is best for everyone else, they are right, those above and below are wrong. They are the only ones who ever cared about a class struggle.
I look at history and see the revolutions began by middle classes, to 'help' the working classes, and I have seen the bloodshed and pain it has caused. I have seen places where the middle classes have gone to help and caused more pain. The middle class road is one paved with good intentions, it is thought that is born out of luxury and leisure. I know that when I see pain in the world, my heart breaks, I want to help, but I believe that help is also to be wanted, not thrust on others, because we believe it is right, from our moral standpoint, because of what we have.
I know I am generalising, I just worry at where peoples focus is at. The biggest thing I worry about, is the church too middle class, is it out of touch, is it trying to help in the right places, can they emphasise with people not in their bubble.
I haven't got a class chip on my shoulder, I just believe that usually middle class people do. Maybe it is because the upper class know what they are and so do the working class, those in the middle do not, so try to recreate the order of things to fit back into their box, I don't like boxes either. I don't know all the answers, so I don't want to push in where I have no clue and am not wanted, but I can try to help where I am now and where I am wanted. It can be hard to be inspired by those who could not possibly know how you are feeling and therefore it can be hard to follow anyone who does not understand.
Jesus was working class, yet He was also a king, I tend to think the taxpayers He hung out with would have been middle class, maybe that is where the need is?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

they expect you to be able to afford and do the things they do

Brian said...

John you are middle class

john heasley said...

I might be in the middle class bracket, I just hope I am not like what I have described, if I am tell me.

Brian said...

no you're to chubby to be like them, ha ha