Wednesday 16 April 2008

clearing out



I am finding it really easy to blog at the moment, probably because I am unemployed, I have a lot of time to think, I am trying to use my time off, (because I just consider myself as having some time off, will have job soon) as energetically and productively as possible. Tanya would say I am missing the point, but I like being busy.

So at the moment I am having a big clear out all around the house, not quite like the picture above, but I am also straining, haha. I am being quite harsh on objects in my life and throwing a lot away, it is hard but I believe it is healthy. We all carry around things in our lives we do not need, or want, or have even looked at for 10 years. We say it has sentimental value. That is why it is in a box, collecting dust, using up space, not being used, what a waste. cleaning out is good, maybe it also forces us to look at our lives in the same way.

I was talking about a lot of time to think earlier and as I'm clearing out, my mind is processing, memories, choices, journeys. I can see where I was, where I am now. With so much time to think I do find my self veering off into that other life sometimes, in my head, I think thoughts that I shouldn't be thinking and I understand Paul, talking about capturing every thought.

It is good to dream, to plan, to meditate. Just be wary, keep focus.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

You have been telling me for years that what I do around the house and looking after the kids is a job, well now we're job sharing. Even though it's not paid work, it's still a job.

Now stop spending sooo much time on the computer and get back to washing up, the laundary, vacuming, cooking, tidying up and look after the kids. Hee, hee!