Thursday 10 April 2008

What next



I'll just carry straight on from yesterday. I had just had this real and personal experience of Jesus, what now?


I did an alpha course, which was good at just reintroducing me to church a bit and I got to know some new people.


Then those songs I didn't know, I suddenly realised weren't about me, they were about God, and about worshipping Him and I love to go for it worshipping God. I'm very loud, I don't know if I'm in tune, but that isn't the point is it.
In August of 2006, I got involved with the youthwork at church, which has ballooned since, which has also lead to some great relationships being formed, real friendships.
I have been set free. I am heaven bound, I have a new life. That is the fact now. I suppose the question is, what do I do with that freedom, what do I do with this life?
It says in Romans, that some people will get into heaven by the skin of their teeth. I believe that is those who just accept Jesus and all that He offers. They accept and then fail to act. Because I know Him, because He is inside of me, because I want that relationship with Him, He is changing me, He is challenging me. Forward.
I struggle with all sorts of hangovers from my life, but I want to continue to step forward, I am weak but He is strong, He is with me leading the way. I hope I have the guts to keep following.
That is where I am at right now. I am a Christian, who is listening, feeling, loving, reading, praying, singing and asking God, where now, what next? I will not stand still on my faith, more on this tomorrow

No comments: