Saturday 19 April 2008

Look closely


I love peices of art like this, so much going on, this piece is by Thomas Eakins, I believe it is called Gross Clinic. I also like black and white photos of cafe culture, in 50's France or Italy, always something going on. There are always the questions, of what is that person thinking or what are they doing there? there is always something you didn't notice before, every time I return.
I have noticed the bible can be like this, there is always something you did not see before, you can read a passage a hundred times, then return to it one day and you suddenly get it from a different point of view, there are people in the bible who I think, what were you doing and why, how could they not get it. Then I look at myself and at some point, I get it.
Also, to see the whole picture, you have to give it time, you have to focus, concentrate, like the bible as well.

No comments: