Thursday 24 April 2008

Discipline



I am finding I am being called right now, to be more disciplined. I don't think this is a bad thing, good picture though, and I want to know where I can get a good cage.

I have started getting up earlier, I feel good getting up early in the morning, before everyone else, I put God first, I'm in a better mood when everyone else gets up and I have more of a day.

What has also helped here, is me stopping drinking so much. I used to drink every night, at home, out, wherever, a lot. Now I don't. I like a drink, now I have a beer socially, it is important, I am healthier, my mornings are better and my mind is clearer.

Tanya and I have been talking today about putting time together with God, it is important, it is also something I think God is doing. As we step out more in faith, it is important that our relationship with God is good, that we are disciplined and spending time with God.

One of the biggest things I have noticed in my house now, is our reaction to the tv.

The tv used to be on, and it was our duty to find something to watch, if there was nothing on, something would do, anything, and it used to be the case that there were certain things on, we couldn't miss. Things were the wrong way round. If there is something I want to watch, I put the tv on, if there is not, it is off, and tv programmes do not come before living and doing. I sometimes just like to mong out, but it is a rarity, there is so much to do.

Of course, I have to be careful that the computer does not become the new tv, I also have to be careful what I am watching on the internet. I just have to make sure I am doing first and have some discipline.

No comments: