Tuesday 22 April 2008

Pale Rider

I watched some tv last night, not something I do very often nowadays, maybe that is something I will write about tomorrow, anyway, I did watch Pale Rider, to tell the truth it was late and I was channel flicking, but I stopped at Pale Rider and then I heard these lines;

'Their spirit was nearly broken and a man without spirit is whipped. But a preacher, he could give them faith. S***, one ounce of faith, they'll be dug in deeper than ticks on a hound.'

Absolutely amazing. You know Jesus said something similar;

'I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'

Big thing faith. What are we without it. I believe we are whipped, like it said in Pale Rider, we are under the cosh, without hope, uncertain, lost. With faith, we are victorious, free and full of hope.

There are a lot of depressing things in the media right now, actually there always is, but right now, I feel there is an awful lot of doom and gloom. I really feel this nation is under the cosh, whipped and needing hope, and I know that is felt by a lot of christians, as there is something called Hope 08, going on everywhere this year. I am also aware that my personal situation looks hopeless, and there are very testing times ahead. Where do I turn. I have faith, I am scared but I have faith. I really do not know what is going to happen, I have faith. I really want to increase that faith, because there are times when I feel the darkness encroaching, well there is no turning back, I have faith.
I want to be a tick on a hound, I want to see mountains move, if people get hold of the fact that there faith is so powerful, that with faith in God, mountains can be moved in this nation. Things can be turned around, faith can be turned into action.

No comments: