Friday 11 April 2008

Officially unemployed


As of today I am without a job. This is one of the reasons I have been giving my testimony. I have been on a journey and right now I am just about to take a huge step of faith, I have left my job.
As I have said before, I certainly have not got it all together, I am not some uber spiritual guy, who is always walking in spirit and truth. I have not got this big mission set up, a calling to go out somewhere into the world. I believe I am acting in faith though.
I keep saying I, Tanya and I are stepping forward in faith and this effects our 3 children as well. We are all in it together, with God.
As I was saying yesterday about being challenged and changed, well we are being challenged about every way we live our life, being changed for His purpose. I actually felt God saying when I made this decision, that now I am giving my life totally to Him.
When we made this decision, there were a lot of reasons, a lot of worldly reasons, like travelling and job fulfillment, there were a lot family reasons, like the amount of time I spent away, the moods I would be in as my body clock readjusted, there were God reasons too, like not having the time to do His work, to have fellowship, to regularly commit to things. There were all these reasons. But I have prayed and prayed for God to be in this, He has answered prayer, people have come to us with words from God, we have had those same words, they have generally been about focusing on God, not the world.
I am without a job, I have a mortgage and bills and all the other stuff that goes with that. I can only rely on Him. Believe it or not, I feel great, I am not worried. This is a situation which is dire, as far as the world sees it, But I have something else. I will have bad moments, but I am not going to worry.
Over the last 2 weeks, I have also felt God really start to challenge where I am going, how I am thinking, I have been reading a lot, and getting really inspired, so God is talking and stirring me, that is great. I know He is with me, I know He is leading.
I also know there are a lot of people who read this blog, I have a site meter. I would ask for your prayers right now, that is all, spare us a word to the Big Man and remember F.R.O.G.

No comments: