Tuesday 15 April 2008

random

Tanya has been hogging the pc today, she has been getting things sorted on something she really feels God is pushing her to do, which is a drop in/advice and guidance centre for youth. Cool eh, I won't say any more about it, she will have to tell you.

I was busy today anyway, I had a really good time of fellowship with some of the older youth last night, had a lay in and then have been sorting out bedrooms.

There was one point today when I could not do anything and I found myself in front of the tv watching an old film called 'Odette', a true story of a female allied spy during ww2, who was captured and tortured by the Nazis.

Near the end of the film, the Americans are nearly on top of the camp she is being held in, and her warder begs for forgiveness and asks what do I do? Odette says to her, have you forgot how to pray?

That line got me straight away, its a question we should all ask, of course we know the technical bits and could probably recite the Lords prayer, but have we forgot what we are doing, the reality of created talking to creator, the relationship we are building, who are we talking to, why and when. Is it the true heart reaching out to the first love, is it the saved reaching out to the saviour? It is important.

No comments: