Monday 14 April 2008

Starting Over

I am aware that Monday morning is not exciting for everyone, it is a new time of oppurtunity though. For me, right now, it is more of me changing, a new week, a new push to be more disciplined, more priority moving, more sorting out and stripping back.
I got up 20 minutes earlier this morning, part of my new routine, I hope that becomes half hour and then an hour, time I want to devote to God and putting Him first in my day, small changes, manageable changes, one step at a time changes, but importantly making these decisions and putting God first.


All of the people mentioned on Saturday are from Northern Ireland, but are not well known for being so, at least to the people I know.

It has been an interesting weekend, God speaking in peculiar places. You have to listen.
I watched a band on Saturday night, I really started to think about a friend of mine as the music played, a friend who is not saved. I will be praying for him, I will be speaking to him, I feel God is pursuing him.

On Sunday, on our way to church, we were late, I really felt God say, He was going to interrupt our meeting( a term used by my brother Brian, see his blog). He interrupted our whole day, I really felt I was able to respond to some different peoples needs, to help, to be Jesus' hands and feet, mouth and ears. I love Sunday morning church meetings, worshipping God and hearing something to build you up for the week ahead, I think that you have to be ready to respond to God. That might mean missing Sunday morning, or a small group, or an event. meetings, events, groups, all build us up, all teach us something and fellowship is so important, but without action, without responding to God, they cease to be important.

The guy speaking yesterday, Albert, spoke brilliantly and one of the points he made was when Jesus asked Peter, 'Do you love me more than these?' and then he went on to question what is the 'these' in your life? Is it telly, or having a beer, or a nice car/house/holiday/football, or is it Sunday morning church service? Do we love these things, do we put these things before Jesus, before loving, serving and living Him.?

No comments: